Saturday, September 19, 2009

Movie!

We went to see "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs" today. It was really good. To me it wasn't AS good as "UP" (See my review here: I'm No Siskel & Ebert) but it definitely gets an A in my book. The reasons why it was rated PG instead of G were obvious. There was only one wirty dord in the whole movie and it was cr**. There were a couple of other elements that it could have done without but they were completely missed by my kids.

1) I am a big monkey fan and the monkey in this movie is definitely not a disappointment. Maybe it's just me, but put a monkey in a film and I generally like it.

2) There was a really sweet message. The characters were great!

3) It really catered to what kids think about stuff. I won't spoil it, but the kissing scene at the end was precious.

4) I laughed out loud a lot. Interestingly enough every time I laughed out loud Oldest Kid laughed at the same time. We have the same sense of humor. I like that. My sense of humor is truly odd and it's really nice to have someone to share it with.

There ya go. That's my opinion. Don't say I never gave ya anything.

2 comments:

  1. I really wanted to go see this over the weekend, but we had my oldest's varsity game Fri night, all day football for the other boys, and birthday celebrations for the middle boy today. Just ran out of time!

    Glad you enjoyed it---looks like a fun film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I had thought about taking my kids to see the movie and this is the first review I've read by a parent. We LOVED LOVED LOVED Up so if it is even close to as good, I think we'll definitely watch this movie.

    ReplyDelete