Friday, September 18, 2009

The Best Stuff Ever!

So... Hubby Guy has made a shameless plea to be included in my list. He's got his bottom lip stuck out pretty far. Poor Guy!

The truth is that my Hubby Guy doesn't go in this list. He has his own very special place. It's a place exalted above even Ravioli in a can. I love him the best of all. My Best Stuff Ever list is stuff that's good for the general population. My Hubby Guy is mine and I'm not sharing.

But.... something that CAN be included in the list is wonderful hubby guys!

Let me tell you about mine.

He's the most consistent person I know. I didn't know him when he was a kid but according to pictures he was the same fun loving hunk of a guy I know today.

Everybody says he's funny. (Except me... I'm here to keep him from getting a big head)

He's terribly mischievous but has a heart of gold. He likes to stir things up to keep life interesting. I know the truth, though. He's mostly bark and not a lot of bite.In a crowd of people he holds his own really well He's the more social one of the two of us. He can talk to anyone anywhere.

He's a manly man that knows how to fix stuff. He may not be really happy with me or the child
for breaking whatever it is that he's having to put back together, but he knows how to fix it. :) (Secretly I think he likes it when we break stuff. It gives him a reason to go to Lowe's!)

He definitely DOES NOT drive a cute truck. He drives a manly man truck that's good for haulin' stuff. He totally needs a bumper sticker that says "Yes, this is my truck. No, I will not help you move." (He would still help people move, though. He's that kind of guy)

He's the first person I ever met who has a PhD (Chemistry) yet doesn't have a stick placed firmly up his posterior. I have met several since him as I work with spectacular highly educated people, but he was the first. His brains are sexy. I could sit and blink at him while he says lots of chemistry stuff that goes over my head all day. I love to watch him in his lab. Since I've known him I've built up a whole layman's vocabulary for what he does (eg. Run a column = drip stuff into a thingy). I've also named several of the pieces of equipment he uses in the lab (Mass Spectrometer = Sniffer). It's great fun.

He loves animals. If it were up to him we'd live on a farm and every square inch of it would be covered in animals. Right now we have 3 dogs, 2 cats, and a rabbit. I have to hold him back when we're in PetSmart. He's forever wanting to adopt animals that he finds there. We have the rabbit because Hubby Guy saw him in Tractor Supply Company and had to have him. (And... I'm a pushover!) When he looks at me with his gorgeous brown eyes and says "Can I have him?" I just can't resist.

Best of all.... he loves me. He rescued me and whisked me away on his white horse (actually it WAS a white truck). He treats me like a princess and is oh so good to me. One day he's even gonna buy me a castle too (aren't ya Hubby Guy?... hee-hee). He puts up with all of my wierdness and hasn't run screaming from the house... yet.

And lastly..... he's "kersplatted for years!" What more could a girl ask for?!

2 comments:

  1. What a great tribute to your Hubby Guy! It's so neat to see how God gently nudges us thru life until we cross paths with our soulmate. I'm so glad for you two---you were truly meant for each other and it's cool how you can see and appreciate what you have!

    "Kersplatted for years"? Hope that's a good thing! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this ought to make him feel awfully darn special. Don't our guys enjoy a little pedestal time occasionally?

    This was a wonderful post Stef.

    ReplyDelete