Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Piper Pockets


My question this fine Wednesday morning is this:

Who is that Piper anyway... and what must he do with all his riches?

I determined this morning that sometimes we Pay the Piper when we do good things. I usually think of that particular idiom (Pay the Piper) in the context of poor behavior.

Yesterday I worked out like I always do when the powers that be smile upon my daily schedule. I did an hour of cardio. I normally tolerate that pretty well. It wipes me out, but I feel skinny the rest of the day and that makes it worthwhile. Well.... yesterday I think something weird happened with my blood sugar. I've battled an anemic type condition for my whole life that has defied every test I've ever been given for it. All tests come back normal. When I get hungry it makes me feel bad and resultingly I get REALLY mean! So yesterday after my exercise I felt wiped out as usual but I was also REALLY mean. Moreover... I didn't recover. Even after I ate I was still mean. Poor hubby guy just relinquished the bedroom until bedtime so I could hide in there. I didn't banish him. He just didn't want to be around me. I wasn't being mean to him, but he apparently could feel meanness oozing from my person. The poor Guy was relegated to watching SpongeBob (who we hate) with the kids.

So... I payed the piper for doing something good! How is that fair!?

I feel much better this morning. And... I'm still gonna work out this afternoon.

The whole Paying The Piper thought came to me this morning because the little one had a hard time getting up. She basically had a screaming flailing fit before she ever even got upright. I reminded her that she would feel better and more rested in the morning if when she's put to bed at night she would actually go to sleep. Last night at bedtime apparently she was high on life. After lights out she sang for a little while, talked to anyone who passed through the hallway, got up "to potty" 467 times, etc. I have no idea what time she actually went to sleep. The last time I heard her voice though was 2 hours after her bedtime.

This morning she looked rough. That wake up call came about 2 hours too early. :)

Oh how the Piper's pockets jingle.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you felt so lousy after working out! No fair!! :0(

    I have a child who loves to stay up 'til all hours & then HATES to be woken up. I'll let ya know if I find a solution to that night owl problem...

    ReplyDelete