Saturday, September 12, 2009

Update

The sleepover was a success.

I went to bed at 3:00 this morning. Woo Hoo! I'm a little giddy for lack of sleep right now and soon will turn in for the night.

We ended up only having 2 spend the night (kinda). We had three guests. One came very late. Her mom said she couldn't spend the night because she doesn't know me (cool). She said her kid could stay 'til 11:00. At 11 the kid called and her mom said she could stay 'til midnight. At midnight her mom texted her saying she was on her way. Then the next text said she wasn't. Finally at 1:30am I declared bedtime. It took the goons a half hour to stop giggling. At 2:30am the girl's mom woke her up saying that she was outside. All the goons then helped her get her stuff together and go out to the car. They then had to resettle. The house was finally quiet at 3:00am. Fun, huh?

I REALLY want to post a picture of the girls playing with FLARP at 1:00am. It's gonna have the face of Oldest Kid (which is a foster care no, no). It's just too funny though. Ya have to see it. I haven't downloaded my camera so it'll have to be in another post. Oldest Kid got a can of FLARP from one of her friends. It's a very funny substance. They did all kinds of crazy stuff with it. Oldest Kid found out the hard way that it doesn't come off of ceilings very well. She got charged a service fee by Hubby Guy this morning who had to clean the ceiling and repaint. Oopsie!

IN OTHER NEWS: We managed to make it to Oldest Kid's first soccer game at 9:00am. I thought for sure she would be too tired to play. I was surprised to see that the coach played her most of the game and she's also a mighty fine defensive player. She made several really good saves. I'm a proud soccer mom. If she doesn't play at least that good next week then I'm gonna be forced to make her stay up really late on friday nights so she's tired enough to play well. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the party was a success! Well, at least in the girls' minds I'm sure it was...

    Glad she played well in the game the next morning---she must have LOTS of energy. Either that or she was still running on the party energy and crashed shortly after you got home.

    Here's to many more sleepovers to come--and let's hope they don't include many moms showing up (finally!) at 2:30AM. (What's up with that???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh be VERY careful with the FLARP. It loves to ruin carpet.

    Sounds like a fun sleepover! I let my kids stay up late with their friends too. They are only young once!

    ReplyDelete