Monday, September 21, 2009

I Can Hardly Wait....

I can hardly wait 'til I can tell you something that one of MY kids says like "stop saying that because it's ignoring to me" or "why does my nose keep watering?" and post a picture of the cute face that said it.

One of the most bo-bo rules of foster care is that we are not allowed to post their mugs on the internet. I have found one outlet I deem safe such that I ignore that rule. This blog, however, is truly public and I dare not tempt fate. In our situation it's really a bo-bo rule because neither bio parent even has a computer. I'm pretty certain neither one ever searches the internet anywhere or even knows how. And... I mean really.... I don't want to communicate with these people. They did horrible things to MY children. At the same time they did birth them for me so if I had a choice of how for them to see the kids it would be over the internet and far, far away from me.

There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Early in 2010 I will be an official and 100% legal Mommy to two girls. They will become ours just shy of their 2 year anniversary with us. That'll be cool.

I feel so very many things about all of this. We're waiting through all the legal steps. That part is just ridiculous. I understand it, but it's ridiculous. It'll be cool when it's all over because after all this when they are ours there's nothing ambiguous about it. When it's done it's done. They'll be Lewis girls.

1 comment:

  1. What a day of celebration that will be! You should have a big party! :)

    The waiting is the hardest part (isn't that a song?).

    It must be really ignoring to you...(that is so adorable!)

    Have a great Monday! ♥

    ReplyDelete