Sunday, May 31, 2009

I'm no Siskel & Ebert......


This ISN'T a spoiler so you can keep reading. :) I have looked forward to this movie for months. Yesterday I finally got a chance to see it. Honestly, for the first part of the movie I was an unhappy person. My expectation was that it was hilarious from beginning to end. Instead it had an actual story line that had some depth to it. It was way over the kids heads. It was sweet but sad. I am not a crier but had I been in the mood at the time that movie would definitely have done the job. It did get much better in the funny department. The first part that was so good but sad really set the scene for the rest of the movie and the movie wouldn't be the same without it. The movie is very symbolic and has in my opinion the best message a Disney/Pixar movie has ever had. It had no political agenda and it wasn't a commercial for Greenpeace. It was about life. It was good. Just go in knowing it's serious and has some potential for tears. My kids LOVED it. I will purchase it when it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment