Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Finally some Draino!

I've discovered the reason for the clogged quill that has kept me from writing more often before. I've been thinking too hard about it. I've been following some spectacular blogs written by intelligent and VERY witty people. I have thoroughly enjoyed every word. What struck me is that they write about the ordinary and I love it. I don't require anything deep and cerebral to be entertained.

I like to think of myself as a cerebral person. I don't think I really am. I think I'm actually rather shallow. I think I thought I appreciated depth. Truthfully I enjoy surface humor. I find fits of laughter over bodily noises to be very cathartic. I am not a fan of the overly serious.

I enjoy writing very much. There are people who enjoy reading what I write. As much as I've always wanted to publish I freeze up thinking about it. It hurts my brain. I enjoy much better writing just to vent and perhaps entertain. I feel better about blogging than I ever have about writing something serious. It's a BEAU TI FUL thing to write just because I enjoy it instead of writing for a mysterious purpose. So here's to shallow fluff!

No comments:

Post a Comment