Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Odd Soreness & Backseat Drivers

I'm old. No, really. I'm old. My age may not clue you in to that, but it's true. I hurt today. I kept waking up last night because my legs hurt. Specifically, my hamstrings were killing me. You'll never guess why.

That is why: A giant cat we call Caipotamus (Pot-Pot for short). She's as old as the hills. Her kidneys are starting to function improperly causing her liquid excretions to melt and harden the litter instead of clumping it. Her litter box starts out sand and every morning I go in and it's paved. So yesterday it was particularly bad. I went to excavate it and it proved very difficult. At one point I considered renting a jackhammer. For the duration of my excavating activities I was in kind of a half squat position and leaned over. My hamstrings have been killing me ever since.

This morning I was taking my 6 year old to school. I was lost in thought about how sore I am when all of the sudden from the backseat I hear "Hey Lady, it's not like there's someone in front of you, you don't have to go so slow!" She is quite the little backseat driver. She's pretty good at heckling drivers (wonder where she got that from?). She does, however, not understand the nuances of driving and speed, etc. At the time we were in a residential area known for it's hyper vigilant "gray hairs". What she failed to recognize is there was probably a rouge little old lady hiding behind a bush with HPD on speed dial and binoculars so she could read my tag and turn me in. Moreover, the offending vehicle in front of me was probably being driven by one of her buddies up and down the street acting as a pace car for us would be speed demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment