Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy & Angry!

I spent the weekend at my parent's home with family. It was awesome. For the first time since before I can remember I spent an entire day (Sunday) without leaving the house. I slept in because my children were in the loving and capable hands of my mom. When I got up we had breakfast together as a family. We sat around and talked for hours while the kids played with a neighbor. We had yummy food for an early dinner and later watched a movie. Monday was much the same except I had to drive home in the evening. It was something akin to an actual vacation. (The kind where you actually relax instead of going from one touristy place to another) At one point I got to sit outside in peace and just relax in the quiet. It was AWESOME!!!!!!

Then...we got home

Today my children make me nuts. Sometimes my inner control freak gets out and REALLY wants to roll heads. This is one of those moments. The young one very skillfully pushes my buttons. All evening she's been toying with me. She just grins when I lose it. She loves it.

1 comment:

  1. You are SOOOO officially a member of the sacred society of insane moms! I'm glad you got a break. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I gave up the control freak thing altogether, but it's a very scary scenario.

    ReplyDelete