Saturday, April 24, 2010

Truly, Madly, Deeply

They did fall truly, madly, deeply and now we're under contract!!!!  Now they have to get their financing and all that. (They were prequalified so we don't expect any surprises.) We're supposed to close on June 18. Yay!

AND.... now we have 7 days to go put a contract on another house. We wrote it that way because there are actually two solid choices we're interested in. We're gonna go look at them both on tuesday and go ahead and make an offer sometime between tuesday and friday. We're pretty solid on one house but are going to look at a second just for comparison.

The greatest part of all of this is that we will move this summer in plenty of time before school starts. AND... my kids get to go to county schools. The school systems are split where we are. We basically have two separate school systems where anywhere in the world it would only be one. Currently we live in the city. Some city schools are good and some are terrible. My little one goes to a good school and my big one goes to a school that I not-so-affectionately call "The Pit". I hate it. I've threatened the principal more than once that I'm taking her out to home school her.

The county schools around here are better than city. It's still public school and it's far from perfect as well....but the county schools have a better reputation for actually educating the students.

AND.... my master plan of letting the girls start over in a new place with their new names will come to fruition. I was concerned that we wouldn't sell in time for them to be able to start the new school on the first day of school. New schools are hard but they're even harder when you come late to the party. The biggest had to change schools mid year when they first came to live with us. It was a TOUGH transition. Now they'll start a new school with new names and no "foster kid" tag. I'm really excited about that. They just get to be normal kids. I don't feel like they've ever been allowed to just be normal kids. In their birth home there was too much dysfunction. With us they've had the "foster kid" tag. This will be the first time in their lives that they have a normal, healthy forever family and a life to match. That's a big deal.

1 comment:

  1. You have NO no no no no NO idea how truly thrilled I am for you! See, we need the same thing to happen for us with our old home. Hearing your good news makes me happy that your house is selling.

    Pray for it to happen for us too, OK?

    YAY YAY YAY! Congratulations Stef!

    ReplyDelete