Saturday, April 10, 2010

Snowblower Envy

I'm just a few posts away from 200. I think that's pretty nifty. I may have to plan a celebration of some sort.

I told you I would tell you about "the snowblower".
This is a picture of Hubby Guy/the Driveway Maintenance Department maintaining the driveway after the first storm. At one point he was watching the across the street neighbor plow out using his snazzy little snow blower. Hubby Guy got a bad case of snow blower envy.  I told him just as soon as he could find the driveway that he could go buy himself one. It became kind of a running conversation/joke about his snow blower envy.

Well.... Hubby Guy had made the terrible mistake of asking me for a Christmas list. He said I could write down ANYTHING I wanted. Well... I decided that I wanted an iPod touch. I listed some options and crossed my fingers.

A few days before Christmas Hubby Guy and the little one went out for a bit. When they came home Hubby Guy came lumbering in the house with a HUGE wrapped package. It was a big wrapped barrel. The little one is a kick. She's really good at keeping actual secrets but she thinks all the surrounding things are ok to say. So Hubby Guy walked out of the room and she says "I can't tell you what's in there because it's a secret, but we put lots of heavy stuff in there so you won't know what it is." I felt terrible. He was trying to be sneaky and she totally ruined it. I decided to play along. I started saying that he had bought me a snow blower. I realize that snow blowers don't come in barrels. It just fit with our running joke. Every day I would talk about how I just really didn't know what was in that big barrel but that I was pretty sure it was a snow blower. So... On Christmas when I opened it I gushed about the snow blower and how awesome it was.

The name stuck. Now ya know. :)

1 comment:

  1. When my husband was a little boy he told his mom that her gift was big, black, and you put your feet on it. Obviously, he didn't tell her that she was getting a foot stool but I think she guessed :)

    My Oldest got a snow blower for her birthday. Imagine that - here in Alabama!

    ReplyDelete