Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Out With The New and In With The Old


For the past two days I haven't started the day with caffeine. I usually start my day with a Diet Pepsi. The last two mornings I've had a big bottle of water instead.

I have this to report: I feel great until about 12:00. At 12:00ish today and yesterday I got a killer headache. It's the kind of headache that throbs if you change positions. I hate it.

I realize that cutting out even diet sodas has measurable health benefit.  My question is this: Is it worth it? Right now my head feels like it has an axe buried in it. I broke down and took Excedrin and am currently downing a giant sweet tea. My headache will be gone soon.

When I was young (and skinny) I had a system. For every soda I had, I had to drink an equal amount of water. That way I generally got twice as much water as I did soda in any given day because I mainly had soda at mealtimes and water in between.  Perhaps I'll go back to that system. That way I can have my cake and eat it too.  I'm not sure what science has to say about my system. I like it though and it makes me feel good about getting plenty of water. Better still, on my system I get to have soda basically guilt free.

Now if only I could come up with a system by which I could get away with not doing laundry guilt free....

No comments:

Post a Comment