Saturday, April 10, 2010

Grumble, Grumble, Gripe...

If I were to wake up one day with infinite energy and wherewithal... I know exactly what I would take on...

Our adoption papers went to court for the first time on Monday. Since we haven't heard anything, I called the lawyer's office yesterday to verify that we would be going to court on the next motions day which would be the 21st to finalize the adoption.

I don't know why I keep being surprised. I must be pretty thick.

Would you believe there's another waiting period we weren't told about???!!! The judge signed the order, apparently now there's another waiting period and then DSS has to sign it again and THEN a court date can be set to finalize it.

I wanted to cry. Our adoption party is planned and in motion. It can't be moved. Now I get to do exactly what I didn't want to do and celebrate an adoption that STILL won't be complete.

The system is very broken. I'm guessing those people have NO IDEA what it's like to live in limbo. I'm certain they have no idea what it does to the kids to know that they're "wards of the state". My children need permanency. The dumbest of all the "doorknobs" we've worked with had the audacity to tell me that the children got permanency when they found out they weren't likely going home. That was almost a year ago. SO much has happened and they still don't have a legal family. They legally belong to no one. It's a problem that causes my children emotional distress.

It isn't enough anymore that we're "in the process" of adopting. That has lost its ring. It needs to be done. We were told 6 weeks. It's already week 9 and I can't even see the light at the end of the tunnel.

1 comment:

  1. Limbo sucks putrid pond scum. People who don't get that are warts on frogs that eat putrid pond scum.

    ReplyDelete