Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Paranoid Much?

Yes... I am.

We're participating in this class on attachment disorder (so as to better understand the little damaged people who live in our house).

This class is run by two shrinks(Child Psychologists) and a doorknob (Social Worker). Really they're very sweet people and I like them but they chose their professions so they have to live with their titles.

They are videoing this class (for posterity's sake). Last week they had the camera in a stationary position. Unfortunately that position had it looking right at me. It was uncomfortable but I could deal with it because it didn't move around and I could pretend that it wasn't even on.

Well.... this week "the doorknob" stood behind it and basically stalked us as we sat there and participated in the class. I thought perhaps I was being paranoid that the camera was aimed at me A LOT. I didn't say anything. BUT, when we were on a break Hubby Guy stated that he noticed the camera was on me A LOT.

My brother was adopted. When I was a kid I had a recurring thought.  I used to wonder if it was really me who was adopted and they just didn't want me to know. I wondered often if there was something I didn't know. I thought I knew all the facts but wondered if people were just humoring me.

I watched this disturbing episode of television once where the main character woke up in a mental hospital and the life she thought she had was all just an elaborate dream.

Tonight this is the truly paranoid, freako thought that was going through my mind: What if "the class" is just a ruse to study ME! Yikes! Maybe at some point they're gonna haul me away to the crazy house!

I have a VERY vivid imagination! You'd think at some point I'd come up with something productive to do with all the crazy stuff I think up.

No comments:

Post a Comment