Monday, April 19, 2010

A Good Kind of Creepy

Yesterday I was laying on the back deck reading a book ** imagine that**. Oldest kid was over at her brother's house. The little one was napping. Hubby Guy had left for his review session at school.

All of the sudden I heard two voices. My first thought was that perhaps Hubby Guy hadn't left like I thought he had and the little one was awake and they were talking. The voices got clearer and all of the sudden I realized they were outside the fence looking into my backyard. It wasn't Hubby Guy and Little One. It was a young couple and she was raving about how big the backyard is and how she liked the stone patio that Hubby Guy built.

Because of where I was I don't think they saw me. I was laying on the floor of the deck and from where they were standing I think the grill blocked their view of me. I just turned my head and I could see her over the top of the grill. I realize that since I could see her then she could see me too if she looked at the right spot. I turned back to my book and froze and eventually they wandered off.

The bothersome part of the experience is that had I not been wearing flannel PJ pants and a snoopy T-shirt I would have hopped up and talked to them. It was a missed opportunity. It's probably best though because inside the house was disgusting. I've since fixed that problem in case the realtor calls and says someone wants to see it. For a while there I kept up very well. I need to get back in clean every other day mode. That works best.

I guess I'll have to start wearing something other than "my uniform" in case people wander into my yard. That was creepy. At least it was a good kind of creepy.

1 comment:

  1. At least they were bragging on your yard, right?

    I stayed in my PJs until 6:15 this evening when I HAD to leave the house :)

    ReplyDelete