Monday, April 12, 2010

Emotions

I wonder why it is that any emotion you have only intensifies when you try to stifle it.
Yesterday in church I got tickled. I had a VERY hard time containing my laughter. I thought I was gonna stop breathing and my eyeballs were gonna pop out of me head! What's really pitiful is that what I was laughing at wasn't really funny. It just struck my funny bone just right.


I also cried yesterday in sunday school. It came totally as a surprise. Several things hit me at once when we were sharing about our weeks and before I knew it I was choked up and trying to speak. The more I fought it the harder it was to speak. I managed to get through it without making a total scene. I was embarrassed though.

It's a pretty rare thing for me to in a span of a couple hours go from tears to shoulder shaking laughter. Once I feel something I usually feel it for a while. I'm an emotion camel. I'm bad to hold onto stuff far too long. Then something basically unrelated to what's troubling me happens and I have a meltdown. I usually have to stew for a while. I didn't have a meltdown in sunday school. I just felt a little upset. I suppose that's why it was so easy to transition to laughter. More than one emotion in a couple of hours though is rare. I generally stay pretty even.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I coulda been there for all that!

    Everything is 10 times funnier in places like church where you are not supposed to laugh...

    ReplyDelete