Saturday, April 17, 2010

Dreaming in Third Person Subjective

In my post on 3/25/10 Desperation I wrote about my seasonal addiction of reading. I did finally find something to read and I can't stop. I've read 6 novels since then. When I read I completely engage the story such that I lose track of my surroundings. I really enjoy "intellectually" transporting to another place/life. I'm getting ready *when I'm done posting* to start another book. I noticed a flat, sore spot on the back of my head yesterday that *I swear* is from being propped up on a pillow reading.

For the last few nights I've noticed something very odd. I always have very vivid and often crazy dreams. My dreams are very lifelike. I feel like I'm there. I also usually get up sometime in the early morning to go potty.  I wake up just enough not to step on a dog or cat but not so much that I can't go back to sleep. Often if I'm in the middle of a dream I don't really fully leave it. Well... the last couple of mornings as I've been laying there going back to sleep I've been aware of the fact that instead of being part of the dream or experiencing the action firsthand, I was experiencing it the same way I experience a book. I was reading about it. The words describing the dream I was a part of were actually running through my head. It was a really cool sensation because I was "writing" my own dream in words. I wasn't dreaming about anything I've read. The subject matter was my own. It felt exquisite, like I was actually capable of writing really enthralling text. It has only lasted a few seconds at a time but it was really sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment