Sunday, April 25, 2010

And Fun Was Had By All!!

We had our adoption party today. It was AWESOME!

I was really touched by the sheer number of people who were there. I was scared that maybe only a couple of people would show and it would not be fun. I'm happy to report that there were people everywhere.

My sweet friend Cathy rented out the local skate center. We had the whole place just for us and all the people that love our family. It was especially special to me that my sweet coworker provided the yummy cake even though she couldn't be there.

I feel really loved.

Just before the oldest went to bed tonight she said, "Was it true when Miss Cathy said that everyone who was at the party was there because they love us?"  I was really happy to be able to tell her honestly, yes.

We even had family who came from Arizona! And.. my sister and brother-in-law surprised us and drove two hours to be there. I haven't seen my sis in a very long time. They came to the house afterward too and that was awesome. We had Hubby Guy's Mom and sister and my sister and bro-in-law at the house. I just ate that up because I love getting together with family and we have zero family in town.

Yay for today!

Hopefully now the adoption will actually be finalized May 3rd. ** Seeing as how we've already partied** 

1 comment:

  1. Wish we could have been there! Glad you felt so loved---what a fun time for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete