Tuesday, February 2, 2010

On "Those Moments"....

There is so much that I wish I could describe about fostering to adopt. The truth, however, is that it's one of those things that must be personally experienced to really understand.

Two things happened this week that were pretty cool.

The other day the oldest was on the phone with a friend and she said "My Mom..... Stef..... yes, my Mom said....." I can't tell you how precious those words are. She does refer to me as mom when I'm not around. I've been told this by lots of people. She doesn't refer to me as Mom when I'm actually in the room. It was nice that she said that in front of me. It was a nice moment.

This morning the littlest and I were playing. She was in "crawl into my skin with me" mode. Some have witnessed it. It can be scary. Anyway.. I was tickling her trying to get her to let go and I asked her why she was being such a goober. She said, "Because I love my mommy!" People, she was talking about me!! That's HUGE! The "mommy" word is one that until now has been reserved solely for speaking about the person who birthed her. She definitely put a deposit in my love bank by using that word on me. She's called me mom but never mommy until today. How cool is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment