Monday, February 1, 2010

On Dangerous Whims


So it snowed.

I drive a Mustang.

It's rear wheel drive.

The relationship between rear wheel drive vehicles and snow is one marked with difficulty. BUT, therein lies opportunity for much fun.

I went out for a bit yesterday. The main roads have been cleared and were fine. My neighborhood is a different story. It still has a wide band of thick snowy ice in the middle. For whatever reason one entrance of my street always holds ice well. That entrance also has a large intersection within a block of turning onto my road. Well... there was no one around when we turned in yesterday so I decided to slip slide a little for fun right at that spot. I got it loose and poured on a little too much juice which resulted in a donut. It was my first donut ever so I was kinda scared. I trembled for about 15 minutes afterward. It was really fun though! I immediately texted my boss who is a wild woman. I knew she would be proud and she was.

My oldest child, who shall be known henceforth as "Wimpy McWimperson", curled up in a ball and almost started crying. She was petrified. Meanwhile, little miss thrill seeker in the backseat had her hands in the air shouting "Woo Hoo!! Do it again!!". This morning when we got in the car the first thing she did was start begging me to do another donut. I fear I've created a monster.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Wimpy McWimperson - poor kid!

    I did my first donut accidentally with a car coming head on as I was spinning. I must have one strong heart because I very easily could have died of cardiac arrest. Just call me Scaredy McScaredycat.

    BTW... I think you are a wild woman too and your boss probably ain't got NUTHIN' on you :)

    ReplyDelete