Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm So Mouthy Sometimes

So I got a call this morning. It was from the adoption case worker. OY!

Do you know what she wanted? Take a guess!

She wanted to schedule A VISIT!

We were told by the doorknobs over and over that after the home study was done that we would no longer have to deal with doorknobs in our home.

BUT NO.

I had a hard time holding myself back.

I'm certain I've caught on to the doorknob game. They tell you well placed lies about important stuff (landmarky type stuff) just so months down the road they can yank the rug out from under you again. They do this just for sport. They like to pop stuff on you when you feel finally free and clear. To them it's great fun.

Now, truthfully, I don't care if they want to see the girls. We have nothing to hide. I'm just SO WEARY of all the lies they tell. Would it be so horrible to tell the truth?

So, being caught off guard, my snarky little attitude roared into action. I let my annoyance be known. I think she was caught off guard with my annoyance. So be it. I was nice. I just didn't play the "don't tick them off because they may take my kids" game they like me to play. I am DONE with that game.

One of the lines in the adoption placement orders we signed said that at this point they can't take them away from us unless there's the documented evidence that the kids are being abused, etc. Guess what? Me being snarky completely outside of earshot of my kids doesn't qualify. Hee-hee to the big lying doorknobs. score one for me.

2 comments:

  1. I would be frustrated too. Stand your ground in a NICE way.

    Hugs Stef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream last night that I was trying to adopt my children. I was dealing with a judge, explaining to him why he needed to let me adopt my three kids. It was STRESSFUL.

    ReplyDelete