Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Good Night

Yesterday was a good day. We went to one of my favorite places for dinner (The Wood Grill Buffet). I ate such that I swore I'd never eat again. That's the only way to be when you eat there. It's so worth the agony of fullness!

After dinner we went to a free swim at the community pool. It was awesome because we were expecting everyone in the city to be there (duh, it's free!!). We were surprised and it wasn't crowded at all. The oldest could go down the water slides and off the diving boards over and over again without having to wait in line. The little one could dog paddle unprohibited-like across the 4 ft section (big business in the deep). To top it off, the temperature was awesome so Scott and I could sit and watch all the fun without having to fight the sun or wipe sweat from our persons. It was like a little swimming utopia.

After swimming we were invited out to the in-laws of their bio aunt's house (how's that for odd foster parenting relationships). See my post Really? Skee Ball? They're sweet people that live way out in the country. They were burning a brush pile so roasting weenies and making Smores was afoot. I personally don't know how the kids managed to stuff anymore food into their persons but they found room and packed it in. I refrained and just lazed in my chair sipping sweet tea (yum). We stayed out there until about 10:30. We stayed until the little one was begging to go home while publicly proclaiming her tiredness(awesome).

Last night under the stars I had one of those rare moments in life where I felt really fulfilled. My girls were fighting for turns sitting in my lap. The little one snuggled on her turns. The big one and I played nonsense word games on her turns (i.e. saying "Taco Bell.... that's where you go for a good burger, right?' or saying crazy stuff like in a valley girl accent 'I like SO love your frizzy hair and your yellow toenail'). The stars were out. The air was coolish. We had a fire. It was blissful and relaxing and I didn't wish for one other thing (except my hubby "Curmudgeon Boy" to be there too.. he was home watching baseball)

Today we're meeting up with one of their brothers and going roller skating. Here's to nothing broken!!

No comments:

Post a Comment