Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Be Afraid..... Be VERY afraid!

I've attempted on many occasions to explain the random associations that my brain makes. Just today my brain, out of the blue, associated the strangest thing.

One of my dogs is very weird about bone selection. She won't just go get a bone out of the doggie toy box. She waits around until one of the other dogs gets done with one or she just flat steals one right out of the jaws of one of the other dogs. Those are the only bones she's interested in.. ones covered in other dog spit. Yum, right?

My husband has a pen that I covet (Sorry, Lord.. I can't help myself :/) I write with it when I get a chance and put it back where I found it so as to avoid a run in with hubby guy over his good pen. I have a good pen at work that I love so I understand wanting to protect my good pen.

I was writing with my good pen today at work. I was wondering what kind of pen it is so I can go buy a gross of them and be set for life. I noticed that the tab of the pen top has been broken off. That made me start to consider if I got that pen new or if I stole it from someone. I don't generally break off the tabs of my pen tops. I'm too pen OCD for that. Anyway.. I was thinking about my life history concerning pens. It occurred to me that most of the good pens I've ever had in my lifetime were indeed stolen. I picked them up to write with them and instantly developed a pen crush and I just couldn't put them down.

Work with me here... it WAS because the pens wrote well. BUT.... my brain today thought this thought.... "I wonder if someone chewed off that pen tab and this pen is stolen! Does that mean I prefer the "spitty" pens of others better than fresh undefiled one's out of the box?" Really, what's wrong with me? I really do think my good pen isn't stolen. I have fuzzy memories of accidentally breaking off the tab.

Still... my brain went from thisto this

in an instant! I'm crazy.... I know. I can't help it :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, you are NOT crazy! Now, if I see you grabbing pens out of others' hands and running to another area of the room to write while giving others a look that just *dares* them to take it back...then I might think you're crazy.

    I have favorite pens, too! Love Zebra pens. 'specially the fine tip ones. And I NEVER used to like fine tips. But these are special ☺

    ReplyDelete