Thursday, August 20, 2009

SCHOOL!!!!

The girls have now met their teachers. I think I like them.

I especially love the brave lady that the oldest has for math. She gives them her phone number and they are allowed to call her all the way until like 9:00 at night if they get stuck on homework!!!! She's my new favorite person ever! She is also more than willing to explain how she teaches things so us people that had 6th grade math more than a few years back can not be frustrated at home while helping with homework.

I like the Language Arts teacher for the oldest. She did say though that you can't be in her class if you don't like Pumpkin pie and coffee. I'm disqualified on both counts. It's a darn good thing I'm not in 6th grade and in need of a language arts class. :) I was a little bothered though that she gave us an additional list of school supplies that we"ll need to get before monday. I shopped early to avoid the maddness that happens just before school starts. So much for that :/

I really like the little one's first grade teacher. She's prissy and cute. She's also really personable. She was very approachable. She took time to help the little one unpack her school supplies and she chatted with her and they had a really sweet few minutes.

I got myself in a bit of trouble though. I approached the teacher before we left the classroom and let her know that I am not a PTA member but will happily help in the classroom after work if she needs me. The teacher was excited about that. BUT... the PTA membership drive lady was standing right there when I said it. I forgot she was that person or I wouldn't have said it. Anyway.... she got kinda huffy and excused herself. Oopsy! her daughter is in the same class AND they live a few houses up from us. I suppose I'm gonna have to explain to her my feelings about the PTA so she can at least understand where I'm coming from. I'm not a horrible person. I just have too many people (i.e. the big bad doorknobs that work for the state DSS office) contributing to how my life is lived. Thanks but no thanks. I can contribute to my child's school and classroom without being told how and when to do so.

So yay! School starts monday. I for one am excited.

1 comment:

  1. Guess I forgot to mention that the PTA around here is the equivalent of the Gestapo. Since you've decided to go "underground" your existence will be a challenging series of evasive maneuvers. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete