Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mayo, Ice, Cat Food, Cash and Goofy Grins

I find random grocery lists intriguing. I especially love looking at what other people ahead of me are buying. I try not to stare. It's hard though. I think it's interesting too when people before me or after me are buying some of the exact same items. The express lane is the best lane in the store to play this game. I dare ya to try it. List off in your head the items the person in front of you in the express lane is buying and see if it doesn't make you laugh.

In totally unrelated news... but in keeping with the general subject (things that happen in my head), I had a funny thought today. My boss is up in Canada at a really cool rustic cabin on a lake. She has described it for me a few times. She has talked about how natural and beautiful it is. I was missing her presence today so I thought about sending her a random text. I was trying to formulate in my head something clever or funny to say. One of her favorite things to do is listen to the loons calling/squawking/hooting (whatever a loon does - she didn't elaborate on the actual sound) on the lake. I decided I would text "Hug a tree and kiss a loon for me". Then I got to giggling because in my head I was hearing "I will hug him and squeeze him and call him George - The way the Abominable Snowman said it from the Looney Tunes cartoon. I never did actually send the text. I had great fun passing people in the hallway on the way out to my car. There's no way in a million years that could have guessed what I was thinking. For whatever reason it made the moment funnier.

No comments:

Post a Comment