Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ah, The Stuff of Saturdays

I'm up way too early this morning.

The little one has become the family alarm clock. She got up about 30 minutes ago. She doesn't understand the concept of moving quietly through the house. She comes out both lungs blaring, "Come here Churchy... Come here Mishka!!" She summons the hounds first thing for a little saturday morning lovin'.

Within 5 minutes the big one stumbled out begging for waffles.

I've managed to make it from my bed to my easy chair (so, basically 2 feet). This is the last sliver of peace I'll have today. After all, it's saturday.

Once upon a time I knew saturday as a restful day. It was the day to lounge about in pajamas, watch cartoons and eat lots of sugary cereal. Those were the days.

Now my saturdays begin with "Stef, Are we going anywhere?". So far in the short period of time since we've all been awake I've heard that question twice. The only reason I haven't been asked it directly is because they don't know I'm awake.

My saturday role is cruise director. My job is to keep them entertained/ not bored all day. The only thing the job pays is the occasional exceptionally good photo.

I've been found out. I've now heard the question.

So now I begin the process. Whatever will we do? Wherever will we go? I think I'm actually gonna be kind and take them to the Children's museum in town. First though... I must eat some sugary cereal.

2 comments:

  1. LOVED the picture of the sugary cereal with this post :)

    My Saturday is much the same - The Boy was completely disgusted that we didn't have pancakes in the freezer. The disappointments just kept a comin'.

    I hope your Sunday is relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear someone else has the entertainer job. I like cruise director even better.

    I took one to the farmer's market downtown at 8am, then off to my oldest's football practice in Woodstock, then back to H'burg. Dropped two teens off at the rec center to play b'ball. Back few minutes later w/the two youngest to hang out at the pool. Two teens got bored & wanted to go home. Two teens had to wait until two youngest were done swimming. Two teens were bored. Mom did not care. Home for a yummy dinner & then s'mores around the pit fire. Movie and then bed.

    I think this cruise director did a pretty darn good job entertaining today.

    ReplyDelete