Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Underneath

Underneath all the day to day lives a person I once knew.

She was smart and had her whole life in front of her. She was an athlete. She had time for the sweet details. She communicated with her friends in a real and honest way. She was also super creative.

I've seen glimpses lately of the person I was when I was younger. I'm trying to reclaim the good parts. I think it can happen.

Truthfully, I love who I am now. I'm not complaining. It's just that somewhere along the way a part of me went missing.

For a long time I feel like I've been a totally different person. I think I've decided that I just changed appropriately for my age and stage of life. It's good to be able to reclaim some of the lightness and creativity of my youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment