Saturday, October 3, 2009

Second Wave


I promised you something light. When I wrote that I totally had a funny in my head.

But then I forgot the funny.

I remembered it again, only now it's not funny anymore.

And truthfully....the fall season... it does crazy stuff to me. First, I get organized. I've already discussed that.... Projects are ongoing.

My second wave of "fallness" consists of "taking inventory". This wave of fall activity in my head is marked with analysis. It's even set to music most of the time. The theme song of a TV show I watch is my current thinking song. It's a really beautiful tune.

Anyway... I take time to consider things. It sounds complicated, but really it isn't. It just gives me an opportunity to file away thoughts that get stuck in my mental in-box. After those are filed away I feel prepared to carry on.

Now don't go thinking I'm a crazy! What I do is very healthy.

I heard an amazing sermon once about the sabbath. The pastor guy's point was that God designed us to rest. The notion of rest is a multifaceted thing if you think about it. Anyway... he went on to break it all down. He described what it means to fully rest in God. Part of that process is talking through those thoughts that get stuck in our in-boxes. He didn't use those words. That notion is mine. It just totally fits with what he was talking about. I know you're at a loss because you have no idea what that pastor guy said. Trust me, it was AWESOME! Anyway... the second wave of fall is a kind of sabbath for me. I purposefully take the time to "take inventory". It keeps me sane.

So, I'm not meaning to be all deep and stuff. When I'm in my fall pensive mood I generally look at life differently. Although there's humor in much, it doesn't easily work it's way to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment