Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'm no Siskel & Ebert......

Saw another movie today.... and if I could convert all my fingers and toes to thumbs I would give the movie a huge 20 thumbs down.

We saw "Where The Wild Things Are". I am so very disappointed. Even if I had rented it for a buck out of the Walmart vending machine I would still have hated it.

They destroyed the story. It had so much possibility. It could have been so lighthearted. Nope!

I kept thinking throughout the movie that the person who wrote the screenplay got really high and read the book and translated it into a film from a drug induced state. The movie was depressing and dark from beginning to end. It's now been 5 hours since we left the theater and I'm still bothered by what I saw.

It's a stinker, ya'll. Don't waste your money.

2 comments:

  1. You put it in a nutshell very well! Such a shame to take a book with movie potential to be a hit and take it straight down into the pit. I wish I could erase my boys' memories from that waste of brain space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for the review. My son wanted to watch it because he loves the book. I'm so glad I read this first!

    ReplyDelete