Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mama Bear is Loose and Fangs are Blazing!

OK... so last year my littlest one had the misfortune of being placed in a classroom with a horrible little child. I won't go into details but I'll just say he really cashed in on her unfortunate background. It was a tumultuous year!

We were SO EXCITED this year to find out that they were not being placed in the same class. The little one has really thrived this year. She has been excited about school. Her attitude has been great. She's learning lots of good stuff.

So last week she came home and said that the problem child was going to be in her classroom. I verified it with the teacher. A week ago yesterday he became part of her class. In the last week her attitude about school has changed. She doesn't come home sharing about what she's learning. Now she comes home saying what the problem child did and said. EVERYTHING has changed! It makes me livid.

Hubby Guy wrote a letter to the principal and we have a meeting with her this afternoon. We've heard that she's a real doorknob. That's the impression I've gotten from her the last three years that I've had children at that school. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt but I don't have high expectations.

We are asking that the problem child be removed from our daughter's classroom. Our little one has other issues to consider. Moving her to another classroom will nullify her first grade year. I'm guessing they won't move him because they just put him in that classroom. He was moved there because of an issue with another student in his original classroom. I have a sneeky feeling that we're gonna find ourselves at an impasse.

2 comments:

  1. I pray this works out the best way possible for your child. It is TOUGH to see them struggle at school.

    ((((HUGS)))) for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad this ended up working out for your kiddo!

    I'm a mama bear, too, and have even written about it on my blog, here: http://dkwwrites.blogspot.com/2009/05/mama-bear.html

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete