Monday, October 5, 2009

Hidden Agenda!

I often wondered when I was kid why my mother bought herself really trendy cute clothes and bought me hideous specimens that I didn't care to be seen in.

I think I've figured it out.

On Saturday I bought the Oldest some new clothes. I try to buy cute yet very modest clothes for her. I do a decent job of picking out what she likes. Well.....

I think I did too good of a job. She looked really cute yesterday.

My conversations with her this school year have had more and more to do with boys. Apparently she's very highly sought after "girlfriend" material this year. Now before you go freaking out, understand that in 6th grade having the designation "boyfriend/girlfriend" doesn't mean anything. It's just a designation and there's no acting on it. She knows full well that she won't be allowed to "date" until high school and even then there will be MAJOR rules involved.

That being said..... I'm working hard on helping her understand that she doesn't need a boyfriend. I'm trying to teach her to stand on her own, be confident, etc. It's very difficult. But... she's so darn cute. I don't think I've helped her by buying cute clothes. Hubby Guy has a point. He told me yesterday to stop helping her put outfits together. On her own she horribly mismatches things. Perhaps I should keep her looking like a dork for a little while longer.

My mother TOTALLY did that. I wasn't even cute like my oldest and she did it anyway.

It was GENIUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment