Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday Afternoons

I like saturdays alright, but I love Sunday afternoons.

Saturdays end up being all about entertaining the children. Sometimes it's fun for me and I don't really mind wandering here and there and doing stuff. Sundays though..... the little one has a standing date with her bed for a nice long nap after lunch. The big one sits around bored. Hubby Guy usually takes the time to catch up on things at his office. I get to do anything I want. It's my afternoon off.   Sometimes I nap. Sometimes I read. Sometimes I play on the internet. Sometimes I blog :) It's awesome.  I take my day of rest very literally.

I heard a sermon once about the Lord's Day. The pastor person talked all about how we were designed to have a day to rest. He did acknowledge that rest can take on any number or forms and depends completely on the person. His point was, though, that we weren't designed to schedule every second of our week full of stuff. That isn't healthy. He said that on his calendar there is at least one day in every week that is dedicated to personal renewal. I love that notion. The Bible says we should take a load off. How cool is that?

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm sorry I haven't visted lately!!

    My day off is obviously today. I had such plans to accomplish things but no, I just forgot all of that and went shopping :)

    ReplyDelete