Saturday, May 8, 2010

Caught Her!

A GREAT thing happened in WalMart the other day.

One thing that really triggers my eating issues is people who eat healthy. It makes me feel terrible about myself. I know that's crazy. It's how I feel, though.

SO.... I was in WalMart and I saw an acquaintance. She's a person who for as long as I've known her has poo-poo'd the eating of processed food and has generally turned her nose up at anything that could be construed as tasty. At social gatherings she brings stuff like hummus and pita chips. 

This person actually got in the check out line behind me. I was STUNNED when I saw the items she pulled out of her cart. She's a poser!!! Honestly, my chin hit the floor. What's funny is that I felt vindicated. I thought, "Score one for the doughnuts!"  I think the truth is that she's health conscious for herself but doesn't actually torture her family with hummus and the like. As a doughnut who hates to see others suffer the indignity of eating bean sprouts, I'm proud of her. BUT, now that I know her secret she can totally tone down the doughnut hate speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment