Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hand-Me-Down Snark

The girls and me were out this evening wasting time while waiting for the home inspection of the house we're selling to be over.

After spending an hour in KFC ** I never knew one could take an actual hour to eat 2 chicken strips** we went to Walmart to look for nail polish **some things I can't go without**.

On our way out of the store we encountered the brats from across the street and one of their parental units. We spoke courteously as is customary and exited the store.

When we got outside the oldest flatly said, "I really wish that we had just missed them." I found the well-timed snark darn funny. I returned with "Do you mean you could have gone all day without seeing them?" to which she said flatly again "Yep".

I suppose if I were a good parent I would have told her not to say stuff like that. She didn't need to say why she felt the way she did. There's no love lost between us and the brats across the street. I just found it hysterical that she chose to express what she was feeling the way she did. It was genious.

When stuff like that happens I get really paranoid about the things I say. I wondered if that was hand-me-down snark or if she just comes by it naturally. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment