Friday, May 14, 2010

I Went On A Date... with my youngest

I went on a date tonight with my youngest. We had fun.

I found myself surprised by the simplicity of entertaining my 7 year old. I told her that we were gonna go on a date just the two of us. I told her we could do anything she wanted. I figured she was gonna go for the movies or skating, etc. She surprised me. Given the option of doing anything she chose the park. SO..... first we went to the park. She played for about a 1/2 hour. I told her that I couldn't play because I'm sick but she assured me she would find someone to play with and she did. From there we went to Target to get a gift for a birthday party we're going to tomorrow. After Target we went to McDonald's because any perfect day in the little one's book includes a meal at the "Golden Arshes". She insisted when we were leaving McDonald's that our supper would be perfectly complimented by a Slurpee. So... we got a Slurpee.    ** Don't judge me. She's 7, you only live once, and we were on a date**     We were on our way back to the house when she decided she wanted to see her brother. We ended up over at his house until about 20 minutes ago. When we got home she was happily in bed within 5 minutes. It was a very successful date.

1 comment: