Saturday, May 29, 2010

One-Track

Sorry I haven't said much. My brain is so full with thinking about the new house and waiting with great anticipation that I feel kinda one-track right now. I'm CERTAIN that you don't care where I'm planning to put the couch. Likewise, I'm sure you don't have an opinion on what color of blue to paint the great room. See my point. I'm incapable of talking about anything else.

I will share a couple of things though. Last night on the Sherwin Williams website I found a really fun tool. You can upload a picture and then try out paint colors to see what they'll look like in that room. It was fun but a little tedious because the only picture I have of the room I wanted to try had lots of furniture and stuff in it. You have to tell the program exactly what areas to paint. It was VERY similar to Photoshop. I had to use a little polygon tool to select the biggest areas of wall that weren't decorated.

Yesterday after work I went to a couple of furniture stores. I went first to Grand's because I was thirsty. They always offer a little glass bottle of Coke whenever you go in there. It is our furniture store of choice and the caffeine offering at the door only sweetens the deal. I looked at EVERYTHING. I got some ideas but didn't really fall in love with much. So far there is only one chair that I want. I went to another store and found a bedroom set that I like. That just only added to my hurry up and wait.

If I were really an overachiever **which I'm NOT** I would start a little design book with paint swatches and furniture pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment