Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hell's Kitchen

This morning the oldest asked me if she could cook eggs. I said sure. She's done it plenty of times.

I always say I don't want any because of one very important fact. EVERY time she has made eggs she has decided she's a famous chef and makes "specialty" eggs. Today there isn't anything that adequately expresses how happy I was that I said no again.Unfortunately the little one said yes.I couldn't save her.

Today the oldest decided that scrambled eggs would be fantastic with banana chopped up in them. ** If you're already turning green, it gets worse**  I found this out as she set a heaping plate of her concoction in front of her sister. I then noticed there was still lots of it in the pan. I asked how many eggs she felt were necessary to feed her and her sister. She said she started with 4 and it didn 't look like enough and then she started telling a weaving , winding story that didn't really give me a number. I'm guessing that she scrambled 8 to 10 eggs with 1 banana mixed in. It was all runny and scorched looking. **BLICK**

I ultimately let the little one pick out the banana. I didn't let the big one off the hook. After one bite she was disgusted and didn't want to eat anymore. She got to suffer some natural consequences. Not only did she have to eat everything on her plate, but she wasn't allowed any other food today until she had eaten all of her concoction. (Approximately 6 more eggs worth)

She ate a little for lunch and the rest for dinner. We did have some fun at dinner though. She shared the rest of her recipe. I was too scared to ask what else she may have put in the eggs. She's famous for killing them with minced garlic. I couldn't let myself consider eggs with garlic and banana. It would have soured my stomach for the day. BUT... what she actually put was seasoned salt which was probably every bit as bad or worse.

We named her creation Huevos Chiquita. She'll never live it down. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment