Thursday, June 4, 2009

Field Trips Are For Parents

So yesterday I went on a field trip with my oldest to the national aquarium in Baltimore, MD. It was way cool. We zipped around at the pace of a 5th grade attention span (rather quickly) oohing and ahhing at all the cool fishys. We then took in a cool Dolphin show. By then we had an hour and a half before lunch. I figured we'd go back and look again at the things I had a hard time tearing them away from the first time through. To that thought I got "But really we just want to go to the gift shop" from all three of my charges. So... we spent an hour in the big gift shop. After that hour two of the girls came to me and said "We want to go back to the other gift shop because they don't have what we want here." There were exactly three gift shops at the aquarium. I managed to hide only one from them. After our shopping spree we had time to take in one more small exhibit and then play on the escalators (up, down, up, down, up, down, etc) until time for lunch. They won't remember one thing about the aquarium but they can tell you where everything is in the two gift shops they spent most of their time in. They can also speak at length about how fun escaltors are. So, do you think we're from a small town?

No comments:

Post a Comment