Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Stuff of These Days

Whew!!! For a while there I managed to post daily. I wish I could keep that up. The truth, however, is that I'm needing more time to process. I still have SO MUCH going on with my big, hairy monster slaying journey. It's all wonderfully exciting too!!!

For the past few days I feel like I've been just resting. I'm still learning to stop striving. I'm learning to trust God.  Humility = trusting God and others with me. The really awesome part is I feel pretty successful. I'm having a spiritual  "look Mom, no hands" moment. I really like the feel of just trusting. I do, in fact, feel lighter.

One really great thing that has happened is I'm beginning to recapture a part of me that has been long lost. I've also been better able to hear God's voice. All kinds of really great things are happening. One of those things is I have a new friend. We are really "sympatico". I love hanging out with her. We sat for 2 1/2 hours today chatting about life. My love language is quality time so I left there STUFFED. It was awesome. One thing about her that I totally love is that she is older than me. I have no idea why that matters. I think that fact provides a type of older-wiserness to our conversations, though. On my journey of "learning to trust God and others with me", I do find it a tiny bit easier to start with persons that are a little bit older. Another thing I love about her is that she asks good questions. She actually converses with me. She doesn't preach at me. She listens and responds. I find that really refreshing. She doesn't have an agenda. She finds me interesting. I find her wonderfully interesting as well and look forward to learning more about her.  I LOVE new friends.

Today in my book I read about receiving and giving love. I'm still in shock. I need to read the chapter again. I will definitely share some of it once I can get any kind of grasp on what I read.

Goodnight world. (Or good morning or good day to all 2 of you who read this..... I love you for it)




No comments:

Post a Comment