Saturday, March 20, 2010

I'm No Siskel & Ebert..Part Whatever

We saw Alice in Wonderland this afternoon.

It wasn't my favorite. I wasn't livid that I spent the money to see it on the big screen, though.

I can't, however, give it a glowing review.

I can say the cinematography was amazing. I can also say that as Johnny Depp movies go it was one of the better ones. He was true to style, but wasn't overly creepy like in Charlie & The Chocolate Factory.

Instead of being whimsical, it was very action oriented.  I think they took a stab at having a positive message. It had some sweet moments. It was just obvious that they spent more time on the look than the feel. As you would expect from Disney they took unnecessary liberties. The caterpillar puffed on a Hookah pipe every time you saw him. Some of the Red Queen's people that surrounded her were inappropriately dressed (large over exaggerated chests). There was lots of poor treatment of animals by the Red Queen.

My oldest really enjoyed the movie.  The little one, like me, was bored. She didn't really like it. I'll be surprised too if she doesn't have nightmares. It was way too scary for a PG movie. She didn't say she was scared but it doesn't take much for her to have nightmares.

There you go... my 2 cents (because that's all I have left after paying for three of us to see a movie in the theater).

No comments:

Post a Comment