Monday, January 11, 2010

Pause

I do have two more days of the cruise to talk about. I just needed to take a break.

One of my gymnasts lost her dad on saturday. It's profoundly sad. Sometimes the suddenness of things takes my breath away. At practice this afternoon we were watching the video from the meet on saturday (we were up near D.C.). I got really emotional (and am now crying again) at the notion that while Emily was competing and having a good time with the team her dad was taking his last breaths. She's just 17 years old. She has 3 more siblings, the youngest of which is 11. I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around their loss.

If you think about it pray for the Gordon family. Fortunately they have a large community of family and friends who are there for them. It's just terribly sad. My heart is broken for that sweet girl and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment