Monday, January 25, 2010

On Boring Realizations..

One good thing about living in the south.... (and there are plenty)

Sure, it gets really hot. BUT.... women in the south stay younger looking because their skin stays moist. (Really! I'm not kiddin'. I learned that in college)

I live in Virginia now. Anything outside the SEC I don't consider truly southern. There are parts of southern VA that fit the bill customs-wise as being authentically southern. The weather, however, spoils it.

Unfortunately, I don't live in the southern part of VA. I live way too close to D.C. which is decidedly yankee territory. You can't even get sweet tea around there. You can where I am, but I think I live on the extreme northern border of sweet tea territory.

Anyway, back to the skin thing.... I forgot to moisturize my face this morning. I can totally tell. Isn't that pitiful?! I feel like I'm 150 years old. I'm longing for my days in the deep south where lotion was basically a smell good delivery system. Back then it didn't serve any other function (like keeping your person from feeling like sand paper).

1 comment:

  1. There are places where you can't get sweet tea?!!!

    I wish my skin were in better shape. I've heaped way too much abuse on it through tanning and it looks so bad.

    ReplyDelete