Wednesday, January 13, 2010

If there are whitecaps in your toilet ...7


Our last port of call was Cozumel, Mexico. It was my favorite port.

We had booked a shore excursion to the beach. They took us to a beach resort. It was really nice. It was also really crowded. I didn't let that steal my joy though. It's where I finally got to sit by the pretty water. I was disappointed because as I discussed before.. I was very badly sunburned. I took every measure possible to stay out of the sun.

Here are some pictures of the experience. Note the pretty water and all the fun things to do.



Even though I was sunburned I did get my picture taken whilst in the water. So did Scott. He hates the beach. I have never actually known him to put his feet in the water until this trip.



A favorite part of ours was the photo guy wandering around. He put creatures on people and took their pictures with them/it. He would then go and print and frame the pictures and bring them back by to sell to the people. The pictures turned out really nice. If I weren't so sunburned I totally would have done it. The pictures were expensive but not expensive enough to make me not want it had it turned out good. Fortunately he didn't approach us. Scott did take pictures of the creatures and the photo guy though.



After the beach trip we had an opportunity to shop (of course). Cozumel had the most shops by far. We did lots of walking. It was a nice clean area though. Scott was also loving seeing the old school convertible VW Bugs. We were amazed at the guys making name bracelets. In less than 5 minutes they would make a bracelet with any name on it. We had this guy make one for the girl's brother. He was actually making Anakin's bracelet in this picture.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's so beautiful there...thanks for the great overview of your trip. Now I'm really ready to go cruisin'. Glad you had fun--sorry you had to come back to the frigid conditions here, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Your photos are awesome! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete