Thursday, January 28, 2010

Circle, triangle, square, squiggle.

The other day a friend of mine gave me a personality "pop quiz". Apparently the aforementioned shapes represent some kind of personality indicators when ranked by the taker of the quiz.

I picked triangle as my number 1. I really preferred the squiggle but was afraid of what that may say about me. (Yes, I even analyze what answers may mean on personality tests.... I can't help myself) Apparently I passed. She thought I might say triangle. She didn't tell me what it meant but instead just gave a knowing nod and a confirmation that she thought correctly about me. She did say, however, that the squiggle represents a very artsy type of person. Since that was my real answer I say that was the real result.

Here's the thing. I'm only artsy when I'm alone or in the presence of those closest, closest, closest to me (i.e myself, husband, children, and pets). I often thought it a shame that I fail so miserably and channeling that side of myself into something more productive or lucrative. I'm guessing the triangle means rigid and awkward interpersonally. I'm gonna have to try to find that actual test someplace to put myself at ease. Anyway... I come off so differently to people than I actually feel inside. I was talking about the day I interviewed yesterday with the boss. The thing I remember about that day is that I felt happy and confident. She admitted that she didn't ask me a question because when I walked in I looked scared. That was so disappointing to hear! WHY PEOPLE??? Why can't my outside personality match my inside personality. ANGST! I feeling ANGST!!

Fortunately the boss is also a friend and the very same person who tested me with shapes. I'm pretty sure she likes me in spite of my awkwardness.

2 comments:

  1. It's OK Stef. Friends love you regardless of their perception of your emotions. I OFTEN look angry when I'm not. It's from my Native American Heritage I think. That and all of these frowny stinkin' wrinkles on my face.

    I would have chosen squiggle too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can take the whole test here:
    http://www.psychometricshapes.co.uk/

    and see your results!

    ReplyDelete