Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Yogi to My Boo Boo

Ok... the blog monster has awakened.  My brain got all explody about Beth Moore and I wrote it down. Usually when I write one thing I feel inspired to write more things. Let's see how long it lasts this time. :)



So there's this really cool chic at church who is a yoga instructor on the side. She decided to be a doll and yogafy us church ladies on a weekly basis. The brand of yoga that we do I call "yogurt". I call it that because it goes down easy (unless you're my girl Cathy) and is good for you. My children even ask if I'm going to "yogurt" and if she's gonna kick my hiney. (Because on occasion that happens)

So I named the cool chic Yogi because she's in charge of yogurt, then whilst out in the world doing my thing I learned that practitioners of yoga are called yogis. This completely stole the fun of it from me. I had NO IDEA. I meant like Yogi the cartoon bear! I even named myself Boo Boo to add to the effect. 

Anyway, she is teaching us to do basic yoga without all the eastern mysticism. I consider it a very counter-Stephanie activity. I'm not sure I'm cut out for it. I do it anyway, though, because it intrigues me. It's the most bizarre activity I've ever participated in.

The fun part of this new activity for me has been trying to figure out how to get my brain to shut up. Part of the process is focusing your brain and relaxing. More often than not I realize while trying to clear my brain that I've watched entirely too many episodes of Looney Tunes. Just last week during the relaxation part I had a conversation between Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck playing on a loop in my brain. It's a good thing my Yogi is a cool chic else she might see me grinning while I'm supposed to be relaxing and tell me to take my Looneys and leave. That would be a travesty.

In my past few posts I was talking about living a faithful life. What's cool about Yogi is that she decided to yogafy us church ladies out of her desire to live a faithful life. I think it's cool that living a faithful life looks markedly different for every person. For me it's my "mystery what", for Yogi it's ministering to women using a really unusual tool. I love God for that. I love the diversity that exists across believers.

What is is that God wants YOU to do? What can you do for the kingdom that will require a little supernatural provision?

No comments:

Post a Comment