Tuesday, September 18, 2012

On Faith (Part 5)

So what does all this mean? *Heavy Sigh*

Beth made several points about faith. One of those points was: Faith faces the fact that there is no formula. That statement really resonated with me. I'm a creature of habit. Even so, I love the statement that says something like "you can't do the same things the same way and expect different results". I will confess to clinging desperately to a rather formulaic brand of Christianity.

Though I'm not telling you about the "mysterious what", I'll tell you this. I get it. But, what I feel led to do doesn't jive with my formulaic thinking. Thus the need for further conversation with the Lord. The beautiful part, though, is that it addresses long term niggling thoughts that I've had about my life. Yay!

Now I'm officially done writing down all I was thinking. I feel kinda sad about that.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment