Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sweet Moments

So last evening I was in the hammock reading * imagine that*... and the little one was outside of the screen porch stalking bugs. All of the sudden she asked "How does a stink bug stink?" I told her that people say that when they get smashed they smell terrible. I went on to tell her that I personally have never smelled the stink of a stink bug. She got quiet.   In a minute I hear Sniff, Sniff, Sniff followed by the matter-of-fact proclamation, "Nope, he doesn't stink."  It was classic.

Shortly after the non-stink bug incident I heard something odd. Apparently the little one has figured out how to open the dog door in the screen porch (it has a cover that stays on it because our dogs are too stupid to use it) and climb through it. She went on to tell me that she does that all the time. Apparently walking around to the side of the house and going through the garage is too much work. Again, classic.

I was overcome with gratefulness that even though we adopted older children we haven't missed out on all the fun parts of watching them grow up.

1 comment:

  1. That is so precious. There are nice moments at any stage of their lives.

    ReplyDelete