Thursday, October 28, 2010

Justified Addiction


I have renamed the hammock. It is now referred to as "The Command Center". I can be found there more often than not. My love for the Command Center has grown so that I have to set up rules for myself. For instance, I have to do one SOMETHING useful like laundry, or cleaning, or actually feeding my family every day in order to gain "deserved" and unabashed access to the Command Center.

I was laying there yesterday somewhat ashamed even though I had completed my required task and I was analyzing why I'm so in love with the Command Center. I'm pretty sure I have it figured out.

1) I LOVE being outdoors when bugs are removed from the scenario. The Command Center is located on a screened porch.

2) I LOVE to read. Finding a comfy and well lighted spot is more difficult than it seems. The Command Center is a perfect reading spot. It's light outside in the daytime (yet shaded because of its location on the porch). AND.. I bought myself an amazing LED book light so that when the sun goes down I still have plenty of light.

3) The Command Center is located in a high traffic area of the house so I'm more accessible than when I hole up in my favorite chair. AND.... even though it's a high traffic area it stays pretty quiet because everyone passes through on their way to someplace else.

4) I LOVE being outside at night to hear all the bugs. Last night it was kinda humid and warmish. I felt like I was camping. I love to camp but hate the inconvenient potty situation of getting a site far away from the facilities. The facilities are only 7-10 yards from the Command Center.

There ya have it. Addiction justified.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a rather nice addiction. I am in the process of becoming one with my recliner :)

    ReplyDelete