Saturday, October 16, 2010

I Love It When My Children Are Grounded!

*.... because of the lessons they learn from having consequences and because they will turn out to be splendid, responsible people.....*

That and, I get to be grounded too! I love being grounded. Unfortunately they were just grounded today for seperate offenses. BUT... I had one whole day where I didn't have to leave the house. I didn't even answer the phone *because I decided I should be grounded from it*.

I sat in the hammock, of course, and read a book. Then I watched a bunch of Hallmark movies :)  What a day.

While in the hammock I was also entertained by the little yard birds who were doing something interesting. We had a tree that we've hated since before we even moved in. Scott chopped it down this week to our neighbor's horror. * She's decided that without our hideous tree all the little birds won't come to her birdfeeder because they LOVED that hideous tree and it made them feel safe.*   So, I watched her beloved birds fearlessly float down from the neighbor's trees and hop all around in our yard and scared neighbor lady's yard. They don't seem bothered by the loss of the hideous tree. *Did I tell you that tree was hideous?*  One little birdy even lighted on the flower pot just next to the hammock outside the screen. He looked at me and I looked at him. I think if he were to speak he would have said something like, "Wow, I never knew all this was on the other side of that hideous tree. Thanks for expanding my horizons!" He didn't seem scared or disconent. If only neighbor lady had been there!

1 comment:

  1. I love watching the birds too. It took me the longest time to get birds to eat from our bird feeders. It is so relaxing to watch them!

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete