Friday, October 15, 2010

An Oldie But A Goodie


Have I ever told you that I adore little, shuffley old people?

I went grocery shopping yesterday. I had just retrieved some pumpkin in a can from the shelf and a little voice behind me says " Going for the pumpkin, huh.... I hear that stuff is hard to come by this year." I turn around and the cutest little old man is standing next to me. He didn't seem to be looking for anything. He was just wandering and offering commentary. He was precious.

A couple aisles later I encountered him with his wife. I only knew they were together because she spoke to him. He was still wandering and was several yards from her. She said, "Dad, we've already been down this aisle." It completely melts me when they call each other Mom and Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment